EN

chat back ground | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Bug Reports
tammy
tammy Aug 10 '18
the chat here the grey text background is to light a color and make it so hard to read white text 

try something like this 
.ow_chat_block_wrap{position:relative;float:right;font-size:11px;background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #404040;box-shadow:0 2px 4px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);padding-bottom:9px;border:1px solid #404040;margin:0 0 0 10px} .ow_chat_block{border:1px solid #404040;margin:0} .ow_chat_message_block{position:relative;overflow:hidden;display:none;width:243px;margin:0 3px} .ow_dialog_item.odd .ow_dialog_in_item{background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #e8f7fc}.ow_dialog_in_item{border:1px solid #ddd;border-radius:3px 3px 3px 3px;box-shadow:none;margin:0;padding:3px 5px} .ow_chat_list ul li a.ow_chat_item{position:relative} .ow_chat_list ul li a:hover{background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #fff}
.ow_chat_cont a:hover,.ow_chat_dialog_wrap a:hover,.ow_chat_notification_wrap a:hover{text-decoration:none} html[xmlns] .clearfix{display:block} .ow_chat_list ul li a{display:block;text-decoration:none;background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #f7f7f7;border:1px solid #aaa;margin:2px;padding:2px 3px}

or this should change the text color to black 
body .ow_chat_dialog_wrap .ow_dialog_in_item p {
    color: #000;
}
body .ow_dialog_in_item p {
    color: #000;
}

and 
this should do the background colours

body .ow_mailbox_log .ow_dialog_item.odd .ow_dialog_in_item {
    background-color: #fff176;
}
body .ow_mailbox_log .ow_dialog_item.even .ow_dialog_in_item {
    background-color: #42a5f5;
}
.ow_chat_block .ow_dialog_item.even .ow_dialog_in_item {
    background-color: #42a5f5;
}
.ow_chat_block .ow_dialog_item.odd .ow_dialog_in_item {
    background-color: #fff176;
}
Lee
Lee Aug 20 '18
The chat would be nice to be able to customize colors (both text and backgrounds) easily from the backend as to make it easier for webmasters to match it to their theme. Or make it so the users can customize the text backgrounds.

tammy
tammy Aug 21 '18
Cool  to be able set colors for mobile even  the mobile page with list of chats  when you have lots  the new chats or un looked at ones are really hard to find  now its light grey for unread and 1 shade lighter for read messages 
tammy
tammy Aug 21 '18
But all tjat would be needed to do in the plugin  admin so is not realy viable  
Maybe in admin themes edit  a page with cool css tricks for ppl to copy n paste  into the css editor and play with to get right for them selfs 
tammy
tammy Aug 21 '18
Hmmmm is not realy plugin  i think is a theme thing 
Lee
Lee Aug 21 '18
Hmmm or maybe replace it with rocket.chat?
Toar
Toar Aug 22 '18
Rocket chat require node.js on your server
Lee
Lee Aug 22 '18
Yep I have that. I have heard you pretty much need a rocket scientist to set RC up, however. I haven't made the attempt. Would be nice to have a chat that is user friendly, with customization, such as arrowchat, or similar. RC was just the first open source idea that came to mind. :)
tammy
tammy Aug 22 '18
Oxwall chat works ok and is hooked to messages and notifications and mobile site 
Its a lot of work to intergreate a chat to do all that 
A bit of a tidy up  n able to change colors etc  would make it ok
Make it and oxwall top bar thing  sticky like fb does so it does not load on each page load would be awesome and add so much speed to page loads 
When you have a lot of friends  the top bar and chat make a huge amount of calls to the db  
It should not be to much work to make only (owcontent) the only thing that gets loaded on going from page to page on a site 
The Forum post is edited by tammy Aug 22 '18
Toar
Toar Aug 23 '18
I want rebuild mailbox plugin, but for now i must clear code in oxwall core, now i finish seo plugin, then i starting customize code, where you can add other wysiwyg editors and select which you will be using on your site.
tammy
tammy Oct 1 '18
Cool